Sunday, June 17, 2012

HOT PIANO


Photo by Giesermann André and Daniel Schulz

Was just browsing through Soundcloud and stumbled across Future Classic's latest release by Bostonian duo Nitetime. One of the tracks on the release, All The People, labeled as "a classic throwback to 88-92 era of house", has these two piano chords that form the centerpiece of the track and happen to be a sample from that era, but I couldn't for the love of God remember what track it was.
Not being able to let it go I consequently spent the next half hour trying to remember what it was, until I was clever enough to type 'piano house' in my iTunes search bar and there it was. Right. So yeah, it's really all about those two piano chords, thought I might as well post the original instead then. Enjoy (and check out the rest of the Future Classic release here).

John Rocca - I Want It To Be Real (Farley "Jackmaster" Funk Hot Piano Mix)




PS - have been meaning to post this photo for a while, this track finally seemed the appropriate reason to do so. It's from a series called "The Morning After: German clubs after everyone leaves". Funny how the deco of a space can be so superfluous, the fancy decorations in the photos all look rather ridiculous with the lights turned on, while I'm sure people in the more depressing looking spaces had just as much fun. Check out more here.

No comments: