Sunday, June 23, 2013

RENATA


Photo by ccclxxix

Here's something that I picked up from the record store this week. Mr Holden has a new album - titled 'The Inheritors' - coming out, which follows up 'The Idiots Are Winning' after a 7 year hiatus. You can stream it over at Pitchfork Advance right now, though admittedly, I haven't listened yet so I can't tell you anything more about it.
This remix on the other hand, comes from a 10" remix vinyl that has been released in anticipation of the album, with a Daphni (Caribou) remix on the A-side and this one by Steve Moore on the other side. The Daphni remix is higly recommended as well, but on a Sunday evening this just seemed to fit the Sunday evening mood better. I hate to call it 'spacey music', though somehow Steve Moore's music always brings images of moon landscapes and outer space to mind for me. It's very filmic, and very enjoyable.
Buy it here

1 comment:

Emily said...

I just found your blog and wanted to tell you that I'm diggin' it! This remix is awesome, and indeed enjoyable.