Wednesday, July 3, 2013

GRIND


Photo by Ren-Hang

This may not be super new, but it's easily becoming one of the biggest tracks of the summer for me. When first listening to Toro Y Moi's 'Anything In Return' album, it was the production of tracks like 'Rose Quartz' that spoke to me - more than the vocals. Over the past few months, I've come to appreciate the tracks as a whole, but that doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan of Chaz Bundick's production skills on their own. And his 'Les Sins' alter ego happens to focus exactly on that aspect. People describe it as his "more dance-oriented project", but personally I don't think Toro Y Moi is not dance-oriented?
In any case, it's some great, carefree music that should brighten up these not-so-summery summer days. It was released on Dan Snaith's excellent Jiaolong label a few months ago, and you can buy it here.




2 comments:

Pasha said...

Really love this blog! Some serious gems you find! Keep it up :)

V said...

yes!