Thursday, July 18, 2013

STEP BY STEP


Photo by Isolde Woudstra

Tristesse Contemporaine released their debut album only last year, but this year they'll be back in September with a follow up to one of my favourite albums of 2012 - need I mention that the expectations are quite high? In anticipation of the album I've been playing their 'Woodwork' EP quite a bit (yes, it's been out for a while, I'm just catching up on things I have been meaning to post). The vinyl version offers four new originals of which the title track is probably my favourite, but they're all great really. 'Waiting' appears to be the lead track of the EP though, since it has an additional Acid Washed remix on the digital release. Great as a whole, but all great on their own as well. Listen to the entire EP here.
Their sophomore album 'Stay Golden' will be released September 16th on Record Makers / Dirty, and you can buy the Woodwork EP here.

No comments: